We. All. Have. Them.
If I offend you--
but (1) other people probably agree with me
and (2) if you're offended you're probably the pet-peeve offender!
And either way... this is a fun one.
My pet peeves are:
- When people leave the toilet seat up (I put this as #1 because, um, Mister Daniel... we are going to have issues if this is not resolved by the time I move in).
- Loud, obnoxious laughter. Oh. My. Goodness. I definitely can think of TWO people who, when they laugh— I want to smack them! (Is that too harsh?)
- Sagging pants. GROSS!
- Littering. There is absolutely NO REASON to litter. Ever.
- Grocery carts left in the middle of the parking lot. I mean... really, people? Are you THAT lazy? I have a friend who has admitted to doing this... it drives me bonkers.
- Solicitation phone calls.
- Disorganized, cluttered desk messes. I don't know how people do it!
- When people say, "I know, right?!" after every single sentence. I'm sure you have a friend who does that.
- "Crop dusting" in public places (like a meeting, or store). Come on... take it outside or to the restroom.
- Poor grammar and misuse of the following: you're and your. Two, to and too. There, they're and their. IT'S NOT THAT HARD!
- (Pet peeve removed due to offensive nature). I sincerely apologize for offending anyone by this posting.
- When people heat up stinky things in the microwave at work that end up stinking up the whole office... especially when you tell that person that their stuff smells!
- Misuse of the words "gay" and "retarded." OK-- really fast... there is NO EXCEPTION to this. By calling something "gay" or "retarded" when you're really referring to it as lame or stupid is incredibly offensive. I think this just may be my #1 biggest pet peeve.