My brother, my mom, me, and my sister.
My dad and his girlfriend
One of Daniel's brothers, his mom, his dad, me and Daniel.
- I have an 18-year-old brother, and a 24-year-old sister.
- My dad was an only child, so I have no cousins or aunts and uncles on his end, but four aunts and uncles and countless cousins on my mom's side.
- I'm really close with my grandparents. Both sets of grandmas and grandpas live in Washington, and my favorite time of year is when I get to see them. I don't see them enough.
- Daniel's family is pictured above because, really, they're family. I love them. He has two brothers (one not pictured), and his mom and his dad are out-of-this-world cool. When I'm having a bad day, his dad always knows just the right thing to say, and his mom will let me cry on her shoulder until it's out of my system. I appreciate my relationship with them so much. And his youngest brother? He is already like a brother to me. We are best buds.
- My parents got divorced in 2006, during my freshman/sophomore years of college. I knew it was coming... but it was still a rough transition. My dad and I grew really close during the divorce.
- My immediate family is all over the place. My mom lives in the suburb next to me to the east. My dad lives about a mile and a half from me, but I only see him about once a week because he likes to travel. He spends every single weekend of the year in either McCall, Idaho (2 hours from Boise) or Palm Desert, California. He and his girlfriend love to golf, relax, and avoid the office. Obviously. My brother lives with my mom and is about to attend Boise State in the fall. I'm so excited that he's not leaving town. My sister lives in Seattle, Washington with her fiance... though I really wished they lived in Boise. Her fiance? He is beyond-awesome. He's also already like a brother. I mean, he reads my blog, he calls me often, and he even notices my hairstyles (what?! awesome!). I couldn't ask for a better almost-brother-in-law.
- My sister and I went to rival schools, me to Boise State University and her to University of Idaho, and when my brother picked Boise State, I am fairly certain it made my sister cringe with Vandal-blooded hatred. Me, on the other hand? Heck, I just hope he graduates... though seeing his closet grow with those familiar blue and orange hues won't disappoint me a bit.
- Growing up, we had a beagle named Tally and a miniature schnauzer named Scooter. Tally is still around, though she has no teeth. We love her. Scooter? Bless her. She was a scruffy stray and I loved her to pieces.
- Our family's last name is Norwegian. It is Driflot. It was originally Drivflaadt, but when my grandpa immigrated through Ellis Island, he came out a Driflot. My dad, my sister, my brother and I are the only Driflots. Ever. Stew-man better do us proud.
- Daniel's last name is much more simple... and switching from a Driflot to a Rowe will be a very welcome change... eventually.
- When we hang out with my dad and his girlfriend, we love to play cards. 10 Penny is our favorite. We also usually always play Trivial Pursuit on New Year's Eve. Sometimes, I win... actually, I think I only won once. And it was a grand victory.
- When we hang out with my mom, we play word games. Catchphrase, Scategories, Balderdash... anything where you can include inappropriate innuendo's seem to be the favorite. You can always tell my mom's answers in Balderdash because they are usually really dirty and very funny.
- Family is more important to me than anything. More important than my job, more important that my little blog, more important than any TV program, and more important than my own needs. I would do anything for my family.
Come link up with me today!
PS→ I'm giving away 5 copies of Hair Care Rehab, the book, on my hair blog Bye Bye Beehive. Go get entered!