Now that my blog is titled Aunie SAUCE, I feel it's appropriate to sauce-it-up and let you know how I feel about a couple things. 'Cause saucy people are outspoken, sometimes cheeky, and a little defiant, right?
So here we go. Here is my un-professional opinion about BLetiquette (I totally own this term Blogging + etiquette= BLetiquette):
- I will ALWAYS swap. Always. If by some chance this blog grows exponentially and I'm able to charge $500 per ad space, I will still swap.
- Swapping is important. It helps get bloggers out there who may not have the money to pay for a crazy-expensive sponsorship, it's a great way to get YOUR name on THEIR blog for free, it adds another backlink to your site which boosts your internet search ratings, and it is FUN! Not everyone should have to pay to spread the word about their blog.
- I'm a little different than some bloggers when it comes to timelines. I'm not ONLY going to let you swap me for one month and then take you down the next. I swap whenever and for however long you will swap with me. It's as easy as that. If you want to swap until 2063, let's do it, girlfriend!
- I don't limit swappers. Some will only feature 5-10 to get you "maximum exposure"... but I think that any kind of a swap is good exposure so bring them on! Plus, I rotate my swap ads, so you're always getting exposure, trust me. Just the other day I saw my boyfriend's mom clicking through each of my swappers. Trust me... just by swapping you're getting your name out there.
- Blog comment link spam.
- Just don't do it. Comments are a place for you to share what you think about the blogger's individual post. Not to say "Oh, that's nice. Now come see me at www.ItDoesn'tMatterBecauseIWon'tVisitAnyway.com" (Is that too harsh? Well, it's true) ... which translates perfectly into...
- Getting ME to come and read YOUR blog.
- If you want ME to read YOUR blog... comment! In fact, some of my favorite blogs are from the people who comment on my posts the most. For instance, Chloe, Kristen, Lily, Cat and Jessica (there are more, too and I love each of you!) comment on almost every single one of my posts. I read their blogs each and every day. Want to know why? Because they comment. I built a relationship with them. My fondness for them translated into me wanting to visit their blogs every day to see what they have going on. Commenting-- not comment spamming-- will get people to read your blog.
- If you look at my blog, you won't see individual replies on each comment. So you may not realize this if you don't comment, but I respond to each and every comment by email. If I respond in the comment section, that's a hassle for the people who comment to have to come all the way back to my site to see if I have commented. In order to make is so I can respond to your comments by email, do the following:
- Go to your blogger profile.
- Click Edit Profile.
- Check the box that says "Show My Email Address."
- Voila-- I'll get directly back to YOU. Easy right?
- If it doesn't make sense, just check out this little tutorial.