Photo: Taylor Love Studios
After my entire last year of being conservative with my hair, it was no surprise to my impulsive self that I got bangs the moment my 365-day challenge finished. Now, while I love styling my new bangs and coming up with fun hairstyles, there are still days when I just want them out of my face.
Enter—braids. The double Dutch braid, to be exact. This one is really easy and holds my bangs back if I spritz it with a shot of hairspray.
- Create a deep side part for your hair.
- Section off two large pieces of hair to make your braids. Pin one section aside.
- Making a French braid that goes under instead of over (thus a Dutch braid), plait the hair to the side.
- I pulled in about 3 pieces of hair as I made the Dutch braid, before creating just a regular plait and not pulling any more hair in.
- Keep braiding until the plait reaches behind your ear and secure with a bobby pin. You can keep pin it over the hair for added texture if you want. I prefer to hide my pins under the hair.
- Plait back the second Dutch braid and pin next to the first.
Not only can this style help keep your bangs out of your face (if you have them), but it adds a pop to any simple outfit. My favorite accessory is always a creative hairstyle. See more here!