Glasses: c/o Firmoo.com // Necklace: c/o Lisa Leonard // Bracelet: c/o Mimi Baby Boutique // Photos: Taylor Love Studios
I'll tell you something...
I do do product reviews.
Once in a while.
In fact, most of the time when businesses send me something,
I love to feature it in a post, in photos, or as part of my outfit.
But generally, I don't love product reviews.
I don't really love reading them either.
But that's just my honest opinion.
I would never, never endorse something I don't believe in.
Or feel confident about.
And once in a while, I stumble upon a product that really impresses me.
And that's when you see it on my blog.
The glasses I'm showing you today?
I get compliments on them everywhere I go.
And I want to tell everyone and their sister, "They were free! You can get them, too!"
That, my friends, is when a product review comes into play.
When it's something you believe in,
something that you support,
and with a business that you are also a customer,
if you're in love with the service,
you had better say something.
Today, I'm using my words for good.
My words may not be awe-inspiring today,
or make you shed a tear,
but they sure may save you some money.
And really, who doesn't love a good pair of glasses?
I've told you before that I have an astigmatism.
Without glasses, that little astigmatism results in me squinting all the time.
Whether I'm trying to see the road, the computer, the TV, or the fine details of a play...
I'm always wearing my glasses.
Up until recently, I only had one pair.
A lovely purple, plastic-framed pair from Michael Kors.
A few weeks ago, I was contacted by Firmoo.com to review a pair of glasses.
Firmoo is an online retailer that sells hundreds of pairs of glasses for really affordable prices.
To be honest, I think everyone who wears glasses needs more than just one pair.
So I immediately said yes.
I picked out these frames (which have since been discontinued, bummer, I know).
It was actually really hard to pick... there were so many choices!
My glasses arrived within a week and a half and I was wearing them that same evening.
To be honest, Firmoo's frames and lenses are not expensive.
The ones I picked were $28.50. Total.
In other words, very affordable.
They fit my face, the prescription I inputted in my order form matches my own perfectly,
and I'm really impressed with the quality of these glasses.
Seriously. I. Am. Impressed.
So impressed, in fact, that I wanted more.
Firmoo told me they had a program where first-time buyers get their first pair of glasses free.
Naturally, I could have told you this, promoted it, and went along my merry way.
But I don't promote things that I don't know or don't believe in.
So, guess what?
I went to Firmoo.com and made my very own order.
They didn't pay me to do that.
They didn't ask me to do that.
In fact, I still don't know if they even know that I did do it...
but I'll tell you what.
I got a pair of glasses for free.
And since just two pairs isn't good enough, I ordered a third as well.
So... you probably want to know how to get that free pair, right?
First of all, click here.
If you don't feel like reading all that jazz, just follow the simple steps below:
- Browse their glasses selection. You can browse by frame type, color, shape, etc. You can even do a virtual try-on (which REALLY helped me make my decisions).
- Once you find the pair you like, click on them. I picked these ones.
- MAKE SURE you are on the page of the pair you want for free. This is really important... and I messed it up my first time. I had to deal with customer service about it and they were really helpful.
- Underneath the photo of your glasses, you will see a link that says this: "New customer? Get your first pair free now." Click that link.
- It will give you the option to "Share It & Get It Free." I chose to share mine via Twitter.
- As soon as I tweeted the message about Firmoo to my tweeps, the website popped up a code for me to use. The code was also sent to my email and I had to use it within 3 days.
- I immediately went back to the site, selected my peach pair, added the yellow pair to the cart, filled in my prescription information, added the $2 anti-glare to each pair, and submitted my promo code.
- Just pay and you're done!
Just so you know, my order total (with shipping) came to about $37.
For two pairs of glasses, lenses, anti-glare, and shipping.
Remember those Michael Kors frames I told you about?
$400 with the frames, lenses, anti-glare (which was about $100 at my eye doc's office) and the appointment.
That is ridiculous.
Honestly, if you're looking for a new pair of glasses,
a fun pair of glasses,
or a FREE pair of glasses,
just visit Firmoo.
You never know what you may find.
PS> They also have sunglasses!