Which is funny, because this is definitely my first makeup tutorial EVER on Aunie Sauce. Now, if you really know me, you also know that I have 29 eye makeup how-to tutorials on my other blog LastLash, but that's neither here nor there. All I want to say is that makeup is kind of my thing, and I really enjoy doing it.
That being said, let's get into today's 5-minute eyes. This is my go-to look. I use one powder, an eyebrow shadow, 1 palette, 1 eyeliner and 1 mascara. If you get good at it, you can have it down in 5-minutes without a problem. And... if you don't get it in 5-minutes the first time, don't be discouraged! The liner takes lots of practice.
My sister was sweet enough to let me capture this tutorial while I did her eye makeup for a wedding back in July. This tutorial comes at the perfect time because I just did this to my eyes this morning for a wedding that I'll be attending this evening! Oh, and don't miss tonight's wedding hair here!
As a preface: the palette I use is a special-edition Sephora Beauty Insider 500-point palette from Lancôme. I was really bummed when I found out that this palette wasn't for resale. I want to give this palette as a gift for all my friends who are brides because the colors are so lovely. There's a frosty pink, a matte mauve, a matte white and a matte gray. It's so flattering on everyone. It would probably compare closest to this palette (in Innocence Couture) from Lancôme that Sephora sells now.
Ready for it? I'll take you through it step by step.
1. Begin with bare, clean eyes.
2. Apply a primer to your eyelids (I also apply to my eyebrows). The primer I use is Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer in 7 (it's pink!). It's actually a face primer, but I find it works on my eyes better than anything! Be careful though, if you sweat (I do everyday at the gym), it does come off. Not waterproof at all. Think: pink sweat... interesting.
3. Fill in your brows with brow powder. This will really help define the eyes. I use Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Ash Blonde.
4. Even if you've never filled in your brows before, give it a chance! It doesn't have to be dark. Look at what a difference it makes!
5. Shadow in the entire lid with the frosty pink shadow (or lighter frost color in your palette). I'm not a frost fan, so that's why I only use it as a base.
6. Use the white matte shadow (or a light matte color) to highlight the inner corner of your eyes. This will really make the makeup pop and brighten your inside corners of your eyes.
7. Use the matte mauve (or a matte medium color) to shadow in the outer-V of your eye. If you want to add the dark gray matte (or a darker matte) to the crease to make it even smokier, that is OK, too. I kept it pretty natural for us this time. I use the dark shadow in the crease if I'm going out on the town (which is rare). You can also highlight your brow bone with a white frosty shadow as well. I used Sephora's Colorful Mono No. 23 in Aspen Summit.
8. Line the eye! I use Physician's Formula Eyebooster Felt Liner. This is the best stuff. It's so easy to make a cat-eye with this.
9. To learn a cat-eye winged look, click this link. I had no "eye-dea" how to do this until I learned from the pro, Miss Lauren Conrad. You basically draw a simple line at the base of your lashes, draw a small line, like a check mark, toward the edge of your eyebrow. Then, you go back and fill in the "V" part of the check mark. Is that confusing? Click that link above and see it for yourself!
10. Isn't that finished cat-eye awesome? I don't like to do it too extreme, because then all you see is the liner... and let's be honest, there is such a thing as too much.
11. To finish, apply 2 (or 3) coats of mascara. For my sister, we used Covergirl LashBlast Volume. It's our favorite mascara.
So... 5-minute eyes. Will you give them a try? And does my sister have the most beautiful eyes or what? She's going to rock this look on her own wedding day (22 days, Marn!).
The final look:
PS> to see this look featured in more places, check out this post, this post and this post!
Link up and meet some Saucy Ladies!!
(Note: you DO NOT have to be a part of "Just Because Fridays" to link up... link up "just because!")