Monday, July 9, 2012
A Cold Day in July
Yesterday, Daniel proposed...
That we float the Boise River
with a bunch of people from church.
The forecast said it would be sunny, hardly any wind, and 100+ degrees.
The forecast lied.
Sure, it was 96 degrees as we drove Daniel's Wrangler down to the river.
It was 100 when we pumped up our tubes.
And then, it changed.
Dark clouds blew in from the southeast and it started to sprinkle.
The next thing we knew, we were huddled under our raft trying to shield ourselves from the blasting wind and rain.
For some reason, we decided to go ahead and get in the river anyway.
Bad decision #1.
In case you've never floated the Boise River, it's freezing.
And when it's 70-ish degrees, pouring rain, and with crazy wind... it's really freezing.
So, we hopped in our rafts and tubes and headed down the river.
I was in a tube.
And let's just say that as soon as we were in the river,
as if it couldn't get any worse,
Not only did the rain start falling harder, but the wind picked up.
Oh yes, and don't let me forget about the hail!
Needless to say, if the weather didn't destroy my makeup, my hysterical laughter did.
I couldn't stop laughing.
30 minutes later, the rain stopped.
90 minutes after that, the river float was over.
It was hot.
Oh, and to top it off... no one believes us that it rained.
I guess the storm was extremely isolated and no one even knew it happened.
Our car, which was parked a mere 5 miles away at the end of the float didn't get a raindrop on it.
People within a mile of us didn't get rained on.
But—we totally had a blast with our best friends.
I even got to float with my blog buddy from church, who is also blogging about this today!!
Don't trust the forecast.
Say "no" when Daniel proposes... to float the river.
PS> Featured today @ The Funny Thing Of It Is... go say hi (and win stuff!)
// MORE SAUCE