Necklace: c/o Lisa Leonard // Top: TJ Maxx // Pants: Target (similar) // Sandals: Steve Madden (similar) // Zipper Wallet Case: c/o JAVOedge
I must tell you,
I DO NOT enjoy shopping.
Unless it's like... for puppies, makeup or tubs of ice cream.
But really, Daniel knows.
When it comes to clothes shopping,
I like to get in and out without a fuss.
No trying things on.
No buying of accessories, purses, shoes, or whatnot.
I get the necessities and I'm done.
But nowwww that I'm a "personal style blogger,"
for some reason,
shopping seems to be important.
I'll admit, I still really only do it when I have to.
But when I have to?
It seems to take a lot longer than it used to.
See, I am working a promo event with Francesca's in a couple weeks,
so yesterday I popped into the store to pick up a new piece to wear.
I ended up not only buying something that is "fashion-forward," but I also bought earrings.
I never buy earrings.
I never buy accessories.
I never buy fashion-forward.
What. is. happening?
After that, I swung over to Nordy's Rack to pick up some basic tanks.
You know, pink and tan, to complete the set of the other 4 colors that I already have.
But instead of grabbing my tanks and jetting,
I ended up browsing.
I found neons.
Sweet aviators (which I also bought).
You guys... this is so not me.
Leaving the store with 4 only items was hard.
Usually, getting me to go in is the chore.
And when I do? I hardly ever find anything I like.
But now... now that I'm learning about fashion, style, color-blocking, yada-yada-yada,
all of a sudden clothes are like... calling my name.
Beckoning to be worn.
Pleading to be purchased and styled.
Those naughty clothes.
They should know my checkbook better.
I'm convinced that this whole new shopping interest (and apparent love)
is all blogging's fault.
Blogger-- just so you know, today we are kind of not friends.
By now, I'm pretty certain that you know I love the company JAVOedge. I did my first product review for them on their purple wallet case about three weeks ago. I compared pros and cons and told you how much I loved that little purple case... because I truly do. However... JAVOedge has a new product from their summer line that has totally stolen my heart.
No, it's not an iPhone case per se... but it does have a place for my iPhone. See that little middle slot? Ideal iPhone location. When my phone's not in there, I use it to stash my business cards. Because I'm so official.
This product is actually their zipper wallet case, and it's completely replaced any wallet in my collection. It's bright. It's funky. It has a place for credit cards, cash, extra cards (4 slots total that fit all of my random cards... which total 14. I had to count for you just to prove that the slots really do accommodate your card stash). Anyway... I love it.
Similarly to how I did my other JAVOedge review, I thought I could provide you a little review of the pros and cons for this little zipper case.
- It's small enough that I can fit it in any of my purses (I prefer small purses over the suitcases you see some ladies carrying around).
- It has a detachable wrist strap so you can toss it in your purse, or take it on the go. I always carry this case with me when I go out. I just attach my keys to the strap and I'm good to go.
- It comes in a variety of colors! I'm so smitten with the yellow and leopard. The turquoise one was my second choice.
- The price! I tried to go to the store the other day to buy a glittery iPhone cover, and the bum wanted to charge me $44.95. Are you kidding me? This wallet case sells for $29.95 which is so awesome because it is significantly less that what I would pay for something like this.
- It matches my new iPhone case that's coming to me next week! (see previous number 4... iPhone case @ JAVO = $13.95. Case @ AT&T store? $44.95. Ridiculous).
- The material is an imitation patent leather, so it wipes off easily and protects my phone when it's inside.
- This case solves the issue I had with my last review, because I can just slip my chapstick inside the slots when I need to.You can also keep change in here because the zipper ensures it doesn't fall out.
- Like I said... It has good storage space. It fits 14 of my cards in the slots alone. Right now, I have a total of 23 cards in there and I can also fit in my iPhone and zip it closed with no problem.
- I would have loved to have seen the same 3 card slots that are on the inside front duplicated on the other side as well. Don't get me wrong... 4 slots total is great, but I love having an organizational pattern to my cards. Reward cards here, insurance cards there... you get my drift. I can sacrifice putting them all together for this little case.
- If the goal of this case is your primary wallet, and you're a big wallet kind of person, you may find this one a bit small. You can't put a checkbook in it, or have all your dozens of credit cards displayed. But for me? This is the perfect size. Cards? Check. Cell phone? Check. Wrist strap? Got it. That's all I need.
To be honest? I had to be really picky to find any cons. I don't see myself using a different wallet anytime soon... unless I decide to grab another color, perhaps. I am absolutely certain that if I saw this wallet in a store, I would purchase it on the spot. But you know what's easier? Shopping online! And JAVOedge has made that so easy because they've given us a code to use for an 18% discount: auniejavo.
The code is good for 18% off any of the Zipper Wallet Cases (10 colors) and any of the iPhone 4/4s Wallet Cases (solid colors and leopard print that I reviewed here). The code is good for one item per transaction and will be valid until July 24th.
That means that if you want one of these little babies... don't just sit there. Shop, shop, shop! Email me with any Q's! Happy shopping ♥
And see ... I told you, now we all want these cases.
This whole shopping addiction?
It's all blogging's fault.